Some of the things to consider when choosing a local SEO company.
There are thousands of companies offering their SEO services. It can be hard to choose the one that will make you money, as most of the companies promise just about the same thing: put you on the first page of Google and sometimes even with some sort of guarantee.
Below are a few things to consider when selecting an SEO Company:
- Did anyone from an SEO company made an effort to find out what your goals are? If a salesman just tried to sell you one of their packages, without asking one single question about what are you trying to accomplish, you may end up buying what the company is selling, not necessarily what your website needs at the moment. It will be more profitable to do business with a company that is going to tailor their SEO campaign around your goals, instead of buying very often a useless SEO package that is unlikely to make you any money.
- Have you been offered to optimize your site for dozens of keywords? If your website shows up in the top 3 results for just one competitive keyword, it has the potential to bring you more customers than the rest of your keywords combined, if your site takes the position at the bottom of the page for dozens of less competitive ones. It is always about the quality, never the quantity.
- Can an SEO representative explain you in simple English what will be done for the money that you pay? It is not always easy to explain the customer, not familiar with SEO what he is paying for, especially if a customer never hired an SEO company before. However, if an SEO expert can not explain at least the basics of SEO in a language that a 15 year old could understand, he may not understand SEO himself.
- If you was assured that SEO is to make you the most money without any risk it is not always the case. SEO does have a higher return on investment comparing to other forms of marketing, but as any investment it by no means is risk free: major search engine algorithm changes, way too aggressive link building campaign - there always is a risk to loose your money. An SEO specialist who is willing to explain the risks will be easier to work with, than someone giving you a non-stop sales pitch about how experienced they are and how their SEO company never caused the ranking of the website to go down.
- Is the person that you are talking to easy to communicate with? SEO is not a one time transaction. You may be working with the same person for months or even years. If at the very beginning you have communication problems, it may not be any easier to wok with the person down the road.